Wednesday

Au Graten Potatoes

I've been making these potatoes for twenty years and we just don't get sick of them. These are such easy potatoes and they go with just about anything. I love them because anyone can make them, including Blaine, my hubby, and his taste better than mine. Just a warning, there are rarely any leftovers!


I
Here's the ingredients you'll need:

3-4 medium potatoes
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
1 Tablespoon of milk
2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. pepper
salt to taste

Slice potatoes into 1/4 inch slices, I don't peel mine. Layer in the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan. In a bowl mix soup, milk, paprika, pepper and salt. Spread cheese over the potatoes. Now, with a wet spatula, spread the soup mixture over the cheese. 

Cover with foil and bake 35 minutes at 375. Uncover and bake for ten more minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. 

I double this recipe almost everytime I make them so I bake them on a cookie sheet. The best part is the crispy edges.  Hope you like them!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I will be doing this tonight with fried bologna sandwiches! What an easy dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many servings does this make? Gonna try it for Easter :)

    ReplyDelete