Saturday

Orange Pull Apart Rolls


I love rolls, but I seem to only make them at Christmas or when it's cold outside. When I saw this recipe it was so easy I couldn't wait to try it. I have to say these were pretty dang good and quick! I think these will be made often, great to have ready for an after school snack!



Ingredients you will need:

12 Rhodes dinner rolls, thawed but still cold
zest of one orange
1/2 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons of melted butter/marg.

Glaze:
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon orange juice (squeezed fresh)

Cut rolls in half and place in a greased 9x13 pan (I used margerine to grease the pan).  Drizzle with melted butter. Mix orange zest and sugar together in a bowl. Sprinkle half of the orange sugar mixture over the rolls. Cover and let raise until double.
Sprinkle remaining sugar mixture on top. Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes. Remove from pan if you want. Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over rolls.

I did try this with lemon, it was yummy too, but not everyone in my family loves lemon.  The first time I made these I accidently let the frozen rolls raise, didn't work out, so be sure that when you thaw them, they don't start rising!  Hope you love them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment