Friday

Focaccia bread sandwich


This sandwich great to serve to a large group and something different than the usual pbj or ham sandwich.  I make lunch for Derrick's buddies one day every other week and this is one of their favorites, and I like it cause it's fast and easy.

Ingredients you will need:

1 loaf focaccia bread
1/4 c. prepared pesto
1/8 c. chive or veggie flavored cream cheese spread
1/4 lb sliced deli ham
1/4 lb sliced deli smoked turkey
1/4 lb sliced deli roast beef or pastrami
5 slices of cheese (I've used pepper jack or cheddar)
1/3 c. thinly sliced onion
1 small tomato, sliced
1/4 t. Italian seasoning

Cut focaccia bread horizontally in half; spread with cream cheese and pesto over both cut sides. On the bottom, layer meats, cheese, onion and tomato. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Replace bread top; wrap in foil.  Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 20-25 min. or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes and cut into wedges.

You can do whatever meats and cheeses that you or your family prefer. My family doesn't like the pesto, so I don't always use it or the Italian seasoning. I also add strips of cooked bacon and the boys said it was a great addition. I wouldn't know since they devoured the whole thing!  Hope you like this sandwich!

No comments:

Post a Comment