Saturday

French Dips

Talk about an easy, crowd pleasing meal. When my family asks me to make it just a few days later, I consider that a hit!  My oldest son said I could make this often and it would never get old, of course he says that now.
The thing that makes this so good is buttering and toasting the rolls, there is something about doing this that makes it a really good french dip. It's also done mostly in the crock pot, so you don't have to use an expensive cut of meat, I use a chuck roast. Hope you will like this, I love this kind of food especially when all the cooking is pretty much taking place in the crock pot.


Here is what you'll need:

1 3-4 pound roast
1 can of french onion soup
1 can of beef broth
1/2 can water
1 tsp garlic
salt and pepper to taste
sliced provolone cheese (optional)
French rolls

Season the meat with salt and pepper.  Place meat in the crock pot. Pour broth, soup, water and garlic over meat.  Cook on low 6 - 8 hours.

Remove meat from crock pot and let rest for 10 minutes.  Slice into strips or just shred into large chunks. Return to pot while toasting the buns.  Divide beef onto the buns and add cheese if you wish.  That's all you do. I buy the french rolls at Walmart, they don't get really soggy and I make my dipping sauce from a packet I by from the store.

Hope you like it as much as we do!! Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your yummy recipes. I keep wanting to step out of my box and try something new. Thank goodness for cooking and the free mental therapy it provides. :)

    ReplyDelete